Stephen Manley began full time itinerate evangelism in 1968 under Crusade Evangelism, later becoming Stephen Manley Evangelistic Association. In 1987, Stephen began taking interns each summer to train them in studying the Word and provide a Biblical and practical theology of ministry. Cross Style Global Ministries developed out of the summer internships as several interns wanted to link together in the ministry of the Word. Beginning in the 1990s with a desire to connect, train, and facilitate the reproduction of the Cross Style message around the world, Cross Style Global has grown to include several evangelists, ministry partners, over 180 international training centers, the Lazarus Project, the School of Practical Ministry, and the Cross Style Church.
Cross Style is intensely focused upon Jesus and the Word of God. We believe the Bible reveals Jesus as a bleeding-suffering Messiah who came with a lifestyle of continually pouring His life out to the world around Him, which culminated at the cross. This lifestyle of the cross – never thinking about oneself, pouring your life out, bleeding, suffering, and dying – was the flow and tone of Jesus’ life. We believe in order for this to take place, one must be sourced (indwelt) with the Spirit of God (Pentecost) as we live in constant dependency upon and absolute surrender to Him. Simply, it is allowing the life of Jesus to capture us so that He lives and produces His life through us as we remain in Him.
We are Message-Driven
The facilitation of this message takes place through a variety of means, including:
- Preaching and teaching from itinerant evangelists
- Cross Style Church in Lebanon, Tennessee – which is our base for ministry for students within the School of Practical Ministry (see below) [click here to visit the Cross Style Church website]
- International Training Centers dedicated to the reproduction of the Message around the world for informal pastoral training and education [click here to learn more]
- School of Practical Ministry (SPM) – a Jesus and Biblically focused school that facilitates growth, learning, transformation, and ministry. While academic education is important, SPM moves beyond academics to emphasize intimacy with Jesus, sourcing of the Spirit, saturation within the Word of God, the radical transformation of one’s life lived in response to Jesus, and the practical outflow of ministry on a day-to-day basis. [click here to learn more]
- Online classes and resources, in conjunction with SPM, to facilitate growth, transformation, and intimacy with Jesus for those who cannot attend SPM [coming soon!]
- Resources and materials, including books, CD’s, DVD’s, and video training courses for training in saturation Bible study, theology, and the Cross Style message. [click here for our resources]
Cross Style Core Values
- The New Testament life of being sourced by Him through the Spirit
- The exposition of the Word as a lifestyle and basis for all ministry
- The proclamation of the message to as many people as possible
- The facilitation and training of others in the message