Our basic belief can be found in the name “Cross Style.” We have discovered through the Word and personal relationship with Christ an attitude which is the basis of the Kingdom of God. It is the attitude of the cross. Christ did not live His own life, but surrendered His life to the Father. This surrender was so complete it could be called “death.” Thus the death of Christ on the cross was a display of the style of His life. Jesus did not operate on His own or out of His own resource, but lived in the continual flow of what the Father would do through Him.
If we produce a Christianity which is a product of our own discipline and action, we have not produced Christianity but a religion. Through the indwelling of the Spirit of Christ, He will live His life through us. The wonder of Christianity is the outside God who has come to be inside our personal lives. He is sourcing our lives which enables us to live far beyond ourselves. This intimate relationship with the indwelling Christ is the heart of the belief of Cross Style and the Cross Style Church.
Our Core Values
A consuming focus on and response to the indwelling Person of Jesus producing:
- The New Testament life of being sourced by Him through the Spirit
- The exposition of the Word as a lifestyle and basis for all ministry
- The proclamation of the Message to as many people as possible
- The facilitation and discipleship of others in the Message
Statement of Faith
We believe …
- In one God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- That believers are to be sanctified wholly, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.